- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 4th August 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Somerset, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dealer, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses since leaving school, and have had my own horses my whole life. I have worked on riding schools, and for a number of professional show teams, including Team Quiney and Edward Young show team. I have competed in showing since the age of 3, and have competed at top level showing, qualifying over 6 horses for the Royal International Horse Show.
I work well within a team, or on my own. Having worked with show horses for the past 4 years, I am very skilled at turning horses out impeccably, plaiting, trimming, bathing, marking up. I am a very competent rider, and have plenty of experience breaking horses and ponies in. Handling stallions, broodmares and foals is also something I am very comfortable with.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I am extremely passionate about horses, and I find myself most relaxed and happy when around horses. I enjoy working in a competition yard as I love working in a competitive atmosphere.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to do more jumping, as I haven’t worked on a jumping yard since 2016.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? A
I have years of experience working with horses, and working with some of the most reputable professionals in the country. I am extremely yard proud and take a lot of pride in making the working environment tidy, clean and organised.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
As long as it’s working with horses I don’t mind what discipline, I would also enjoy working on a livery yard.
• Do you need accommodation?
It depends on location.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?