- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 3rd April 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Essex, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, London
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 3rd January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Class 1 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Eventing, Family Yard, Sales, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked in many varied roles and lucky enough to have be able to work across many disciplines too. I am a qualified BHSAI and have my HGV class 1.
I have driven and groomed at fantastic venues across Europe up to 5* on the Showjumping circuit, second head groom for William Fox Pitt and also a qualified Saddler and worked for one of the best harness makers in the country.
I have a large range of skills to adapt to many jobs, such as sole charge or working within a team, all show prep and the organisation for competition.
I have also been running a full livery yard for the past year, including managing accounts and billing. Ordering feed and bedding. Working with clients, providing a service for them and recruiting and hiring staff.
Previously I ran my own equine fodder shop and organised all billing and accounts, market research, dealing with a variety of companies and expanding my network, with new clients and knowledge of retail. I also run the shop floor, dealt with customers, pricing and stock. I enjoyed this job, learning about the huge variety of feed that’s on offer and being able to offer advise on it.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I consider myself lucky that I’ve been able to experience so many opportunities of travelling, working with some of the best horses in the world, being part of a winning team and visiting the most amazing venues.
What I most enjoy is everyday is different and you’re always learning. One of my biggest strengths and I also think one of my weaknesses is, I put so much into my work – pride, my heart and best level of care for the horses, as if they were my own, it’s also what hurts the most when it ends.
I’m a competent rider and ridden throughout all of my jobs as a home rider, from starting youngsters to fast fitting work, schooling and jumping.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d love to work with a new upcoming rider, being able to help at home and travel to shows. Help them progress and share my knowledge.
I would equally love to find a job that’s still within industry but coming away from stable work. Somewhere with progression and opportunities, but also utilise my skills and experience.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I’m getting married on the 2nd October 2021.