- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 15th February 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 31st January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Polo, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses all of my life we have always competed at top level, we have our own small highland pony stud so I am used to dealing with the breeding side along with stallions and young stock. All ponies we have are broken in by myself and my mum and are given the time they need, when it is not our homebred highland its a horses that we have brought in which are normally wild and in need of tlc.
I have ridden many of different horses and ponies in my life from Shetlands to hunt horses and dressage horses, I have the ability to adapt the way I ride depending on the horse/pony. One of my biggest successes is being 2nd and reserve champion at horse of the year show 2019 on our homebred highland who I watched be born and broke in with my mum.
With our own yard at home I am used to a set schedule and time scales to follow and to maintain a high standard of which the yard is kept at.
The key skills I am good at are being able to read the body language of the horses both ridden and on the ground, the standards that they have to be turned out for when they are competing, the handling young horses and stallions, the breaking in or riding green horses.
As well as have key skills dealing with horses, I am a well- organised, hard working, confident person who enjoys learning new skills whilst expanding my knowledge. I can work in a team, and alone. I also enjoy meeting new people and new environments, as I am able to work well under pressure.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? The main reason I enjoy working with horses is because they never judge you, they have been a massive part of my life. I love watching them develop from green horses to eager to learn and please winners.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to improve my knowledge of the different sports as I have mainly done showing circuit I would know like to go into a different line.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? you should employ me because i would be a brilliant aspect of your team I am young and enthusiastic person who is quick to think on there feet in unexpected circumstances an able to adapt to any situation or surrounding. I pride my self in bring the best out of the horses and thrive of pleasing.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? In my next job I would like to get the opportunities to go to the shows as well as look after the horses on a day to day basis. If there is the opportunity to ride and work with the horses that would be a big bonus.
• Do you need accommodation? yes dependant on location
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? I have one horse and a well behaved dog but not essential
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? we compete at county level showing however we are taking a year out.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? no