- Age 17 years
- Date of Birth 25th June 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Europe
- County/State/Region Bedfordshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, East Anglia, East Sussex, UK, Essex, UK, France, Germany, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater London, UK, Hampshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Huntingdonshire, UK, Isle of Wight, UK, Leicestershire, UK, London, Merseyside, UK, Middlesex, UK, Norfolk, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Scotland, UK, Somerset, UK, Spain, Suffolk, UK, West Midlands, UK, West Sussex, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 25th February 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Please enquire
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, French, Australian, Spanish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Supervisory Skills, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
I have been around horses my whole life as my mum was a professional show jumper so we lived on a yard all my life, I am currently ridding at a local ridding center near me. Being around horses is my favorite thing, I love being at the yard I ride at, I help out with the little kid lessons and taking up. I helped my mum break a young horse in when I lived in France and thought my horse to do jumping.
What are you particularly good at?
I like working alone because I love to learn by doing things my self however I am really good at team work and communicating with others. At the yard where I ride, I help with the little kid classes and help them take care of the horse, teach them skills like picking their feet and little things like brushing the horse properly to not leave dirt. I have been to many shows with my mum and helped her with her horse before and after the show, just like a groom. When I had my own horse I looked after her and my mums with her help and turned them out in different fields, fed them did the basic caring for your horse. I helped my mum break in her youngster when I was 14yo and fought my horse to jump(got to 90cm). At school I always took part in the after school activities, I was always a team player and I loved to help out with school fundraising. I am have done a lot of sport, football, basketball, handball, show jumping, dancing and swimming.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
When working with horses I feel at ease and calm, I tend to stress about things but as soon as I’m at the yard it’s all focus on the horse. I feel more confident in my self when I am around horses.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d love to be able to do show jumping and improve on my skills with flat work too.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I speak three languages fluently(Spanish English and French), I have been around horses/ridding horses all my life.I am a keen learner, enthusiastic, adaptable, I use anitiative, I am great at working in a team and alone, I am confident and love a challenge.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to learn all about the different things of being around horses, learn about fittening, feeding, care of the horse. I would like to gain a horse lifestyle for the future and improve my ridding skills to be able to one day compete to follow in my mother’s footsteps.
• Do you need accommodation?
Accommodation would be ideal, however i have family in different parts of the UK I can stay with. I am very flexible and could even rent near the needed area. I will also have a car.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a horse back in France, however I am looking into buying a new horse to do show jumping. This can be discussed in more detail over text, email or call
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am currently doing my A levels, however I am on online learning so can do them wherever I am and the times of lessons are flexible. I wouldn’t let anything get in the way of this job opportunity or my learning.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
No I do not