- Age 27 years
- Date of Birth 21st March 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st February 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling, Rescue, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with horses.
My passion for horses started at the age of five when I began riding lessons, from then I always knew I would work with horses.
While still at school I joined the flexible learning programme at the British racing school, where I gained a NVQ 1-2 in racehorse care and riding.
After I finished my education I started working at Genesis green stud which prompted my interest into breeding and working with young stock.
At my next job I gained experience working at a riding school where they had their own stallion to breed from. While in this job I worked towards a NVQ 3 in breeding, management, young stock care and breaking.
I have worked towards gaining more responsibility in each role I’ve taken, my last position was as assistant stud groom in which I was partly responsible for the day to day management of the stud. I worked alongside a nutritionist to help improve my knowledge of the nutrition needs of horses of all ages. I worked alongside the vet to organise routine vaccinations, health check-up and also for scans and emergencies.
I have previously set up spreadsheets and routines to assist the worming schedule and to track worm burdens in horses in care.
Through my work I have become experienced with foaling and caring for young horses. I have also gained knowledge of caring for sick and injured horses that are rehabilitating.
Sole charge/ working in a team
working with young stock
adept at office work
driving 3.5 tonne horse box
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy working with horses because I am passionate about horses and giving them the best care possible. I enjoy the challenges that arise from working with them and that you get to see them grow and improve. I enjoy the bond that comes from working alongside an animal.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to carry on learning and improving my knowledge to better care for any horses I am to look after.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am passionate and give my all to horses in my care. My first priority is always that the horses are looked after to the best standard possible and they are happy and well.
• Do you need accommodation?
I would need accommodation, preferably private in which my husband could live with me.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
A long weekend from 21st to 25th may 2021