- Age 17 years
- Date of Birth 30th May 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours
- Earliest start date 24th January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Foaling, Polo, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
My experience with horses started when I got my first pony at five years old. I learnt the meaning of responsibility and dedication but also learnt the fun and love horses give you. Over the next years in my life I rode on various yards and learnt the foundations of riding. At the age of twelve I part loaned my first horse of my own where I learnt the time and effort it takes to look after and exercise a horse. At the age of 14 I owned my first horse myself and she taught me the fun and happiness horses gave me, at this point I realised I wanted to work with horses for the rest of my life. Sadly she passed away, which was another lesson to be taught. Three months later I bought my most recent horse, a gelding, who was very emotionally unstable. through the three years I had him he and I grew to have a better bond and for him to feel safe around people.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I would describe myself as a person that can adapt to most situations but I enjoy working in a team as well as ground work and working with insecure horses to give them confidence and safety.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses have been in my life for a long time and I most enjoy the joy and happiness they bring to me. I can be having the worst day and just by being in the presence of them makes me happier. I feel like I can forget the reality of life and just focus on the horse.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to improve every aspect of my experience with horses. I believe that you can never stop learning from them, so yes I would love to learn new things everyday.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I know I may come aceros young and with not a lot of experience but my dedication and love for horses is something that will never change. I have worked as a waitress and babysitter and have been highly praised for my maturity and capability of doing a good job.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to gain more experience and begin my future career in the horse industry
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?