- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 9th October 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 8th March 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Eventing, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Dutch
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been around horses my whole life. Since the age of 9 till leaving for Belgium I volunteered at a Shetland Pony/Welsh Cob stud where I participated in carriage driving, showing, show jumping and Shetland pony racing. I also helped with the backing and breaking of any young ponies. After leaving school at 16 I moved to Belgium to work as groom/main rider at Karin Donckers international eventing yard. I groomed at some international and national shows, did general yard duties (mucking out, tacking up, feeding etc), backed and broke the young horses, rode the competition horses (flatwork, jumping, lunging, condition training), and also competed at national shows eventing and dressage. After a year in Belgium I moved back home to work at a National Hunt yard. Here I rode out in the morning, backed and broke young horses, rode difficult horses coming back into work and did general yard duties. I have also briefly worked as yard staff at a thoroughbred stud but this was cut short due to unexpected circumstances due to Coronavirus. I am experienced and confident handling fit competition horses, mares, stallions and young stock. I am happy to ride any horse or pony and work with them quietly and confidently.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I work well both alone and in a team. My strongest point is riding and handling young or difficult horses. I am hard working and motivated and never say no to a challenge.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Working with a horse and seeing them progress in their training. This is why I enjoy especially working with young or problem horses as I aim to make a difference in them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my skills in turning out such as plaiting and clipping. I am also always happy to learn any additional skills which may arise.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Employers should consider me because I am extremely hard working and will bring a positive can do attitude to any task I am set. I love to learn new things and always strive to complete tasks to the best of my ability.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to further my knowledge of the professional horse world and everything this entails. I would also like to continue training with my own horse to further our relationship.
• Do you need accommodation?
Accommodation will be needed.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have one horse who must come with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Online university work till end of April – but this is easily done in evenings/days off.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?