- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 17th February 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 4th March 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Part time from now until September 2021.
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Livery, Polo, Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am hoping for a practical equine job. I am particularly interested in rehabilitation, training and behaviour based jobs, although I am also very keen to improve my riding and develop more advanced grooming skills.
I have practical experience at a small stud farm as part of a University module, plus additional volunteer work at the same yard. I have 3 years voluntary work experience at a local stable, I also completed a 5 day residential stay at a yard away from home, and seasonal work at a local hacking yard. Recently, I completed a 2 day work experience in the Equine Hydrotherapy Centre at Moulton College.
I have been riding since around the age of 7, I have recently taken up 2 share horses (riding 3-4 days per week) and additional riding of a pony belonging to the owner of one of the horses I am sharing.
I have completed my BHS Progressive Riding Test Stages 1-5 and Stable Management 1-3.
I am able to work well individually or as part of a group, additionally I show valuable leadership qualities and high initiative. I am very organised and have good time-management skills.
My horse-specific skills include general yard duties and working with and riding different types of horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Riding and exercising the horses is my favourite part, I also love bonding with the horses and learning their individual personalities and querks. I enjoy having a routine and a busy schedule to keep me occupied throughout the day.
I’d like to improve my riding skills and general skills which i have not had the chance to develop or practice for a while, for example; bandaging, plaiting, pulling and clipping.
I’d like employers to consider me over other jobseekers as I am extremely keen to learn and develop my skills, I have big aspirations for myself working in the equine industry so will not take advantage of any opportunity given to me. I am bubbly, friendly and love working with people and animals.
I would love to gain rehabilitation experience: physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, training etc.
I would really like to ride regularly and have the opportunity to learn and develop my riding skills and confidence to compete.
I would also like to develop my general grooming skills as mentioned above, for example; clipping and handling youngstock etc.
• Do you need accommodation?
No, I can travel (dependent on distance)
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am currently doing my University course online until mid-May, and I am sharing 2 horses (plus the pony!) 3+ days per week until September when i go on my placement year.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have 1 festival booked: 11-15 August. I am also doing a short work placement at Liphook Equine Hospital from 17-21 May. I will be going on multiple holidays (dependent on COVID), but the dates are not set for these yet.