- Age 32 years
- Date of Birth 26th April 1988
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Herefordshire, UK, Shropshire, UK, Wales, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 26th April 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3/4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been dealing and working with horses for 20+ years now. During that time I have worked in numerous sectors of the horse industry:
-at a riding school where I would teach on Saturdays. Or I would be left to run the yard and organise the lessons for the other instructor. I am a level 1 accredited coach as well as having a diploma in horse management.
– I have worked on a racing yard for 6 years riding out racehorses, attending race meetings, preparing horses to run. On numerous occasions I have been left with sole charge of the yard while the trainers had been away.
– I have been a groom to one of the ledbury hunt masters. I was left with sole charge of the yard most days, all duties included mucking out, riding, preparing horses for hunt days, clipping, equine first aid.
-full time groom for 2 years (sole charge) of a yard with 6 horses for a family who worked away all week. I was in charge of the horses welfare. From general yard duties to their individual fitness regime and feeding requirements. The owners would hunt and regularly compete (Eventing) I would school, hack and jump their horses.
– part time groom at a dressage yard(general yard duties and some riding)
– head groom for an elderly lady who kept young warmbloods (Dealer)
-trustworthy -attention to detail
-people skills/public relations
-team player -equine first aid
-first aid trained
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I enjoy the challenges and rewards that working with horses brings.
I work well under pressure, and am happy to step in when necessary.
• I would like to carry on improving my knowledge both ridden and practical based.
• I believe myself to be asset to any yard, with my extensive knowledge and experience, combined with my drive to work hard and desire to be a high achiever.
• I am dependable and always strive for the best with whatever I put my mind to.
• One of my weaknesses would be that I sometimes have trouble asking for help, and I have struggled to keep a healthy work/life balance very often letting work take over.
I am now looking for a new venture, preferably a managerial one with more responsibility. It would be a step up in my career and a challenge, where I believe I would thrive.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I do own a 3 well behaved dogs 2 small terrier types and a cocker spaniel I would like to accompany me to work.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Only my current job where I would have to give notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?