- Age 33 years
- Date of Birth 24th August 1987
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cumbria, Derbyshire, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, South Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours
- Earliest start date 2nd April 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Classical, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Polo, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
BHS stage 1, BHS stage 2 complete horsemanship, NVQ 2 horse care and management, first aid, safeguarding, NVQ 2 team leading, NVQ 3 management. For the last 4 years I have solely managed a 32 horse livery yard with a range of clients from retired horses to competition horses. I have been responsible of care for all owners requiring additional services to DIY aswell as managing overall yard duties such as field maintenance, farrier/vet/physio/dentist bookings, first aid for horses and humans, keeping the yard tidy and clean. Sorting yard disagreements, motivation for owners and getting them through winter blues etc. As the yard also has a working farm I have been responsible for lambing season, maintaining health of sheep, calving and maintaining health of cows. Prior to this position I have worked at 2 riding schools, one being the Barnsley RDA. The other a riding and trekking centre.
I like to be organised, document everything so if I have an accident others could read and see what I do and what needs to be done. I enjoy working alone but also enjoy being part of a team or leading a team and sharing responsibilities. I feel that I have good people skills with adults and children. My care of the horses is by my standards which I try to give the best standards possible, caring for them better than I do my own. I am loyal and hard working, not afraid of doing a 36 hour shift if that is what the animals need. I like to be kept busy, makes the days go faster.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? The bond and individuality of each horse, the behaviour of horses I find fascinating and the general outdoors even in the rain, snow and mud.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to improve on my riding levels, I have become a bit sloppy. I love learning about psychology and first aid but generally i think we can all improve in all areas and every person can give you something to learn. I definitely need to brush up on plaitting as I’ve only done the odd one lately.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I am loyal, dedicated, hard working.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? I would like to care for horses and be a beneficial member of staff for the whole yard, owners/staff/horses and any other animals.
• Do you need accommodation?
Possibly or would rent locally.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have 2 dogs and my own horse but currently fit these into my working day.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?