- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 18th June 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Somerset, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 20th September 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Livery, Riding School, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses and started riding at 6 years, through my riding journey I have gained basic knowledge of horse care and help work on a family run riding school. I have looked after a wide range of horses from Shetlands to Cyclades. I have experience in basic yard duties, from mucking out, feeding, tack cleaning, hay-nets, and turning out. I have experience making horse show ready, with full plait and correct tack. I have experience riding young horses to old school masters, I use to hacking out in fields, roads and bridleways. I ride Walk, trot, canter and and know how to lunge.
I’m good at working both alone and with other, I know how to work to set times and make sure everything need to be done in time. I have skill to plait well, I can handle young horses and have experience working with foals and young horses on the ground. I have helped to halter train a foal.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I most enjoy making sure the horses a high level of welfare and they get the correct care.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my clipping and bandaging skills
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I may not be the most experienced but I’m willing to learn and am use to long hours and working in all weathers.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to learn more and gather more skills and hopefully progress my career
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on Location, If over an hour away from my current address I will be needing accommodation
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a 11 years old collie cross that may need to come when my parents cant look after him. This would be very occasional and he use to being around yards and horses
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
No ongoing commitments
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
No, holidays booked