- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 15th May 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Lincolnshire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, South Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 19th January 2022
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have nearly 10 years experience working with a variety of horses including fit racehorses and youngsters. I spent 3 years working at a riding school completing my NVQ level 2 and 3 in Horse Care and Management. In this job my roles were mucking out, putting horses on and off walker/ in the field, ensuring horses were ready on time for lessons and some teaching. I also volunteered at the riding school for 4 years on weekends while at school prior to this job. I have 2 years experience working at a racing yard. My roles in this job were mucking out, putting horses on and off walker/ in the field and taking horses to the races. In both jobs I have experience working as a team and being in charge at times. I also have 2 horses of my own that I compete dressage and showing as often as I can.
I work well as a team and find it easy to get along with everyone I meet. I take pride in all aspects of my work ensuring all tasks are completed to my full ability in a timely manner. I like to be organised and have a plan of what i’m doing to ensure everything is completed on time.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy all aspects of working with horses but particularly enjoy grooming at competitions.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am keen to improve my clipping skills.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am keen to learn and would be happy to under take any further training required.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am keen to gain more experience in a different field.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
1 week mid June