- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 6th November 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st June 2022
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Woodside Farm –
I help manage at this competition yard for 20+ hours per week. This includes helping prepare the horses ready for shows, taking payment from customers whose horse is in on livery, feeding, mucking out, general duties and tacking up, riding/ exercising where necessary.
Foxhounds Riding School –
I helped manage the yard at this busy riding school for 2 days per week. This includes dealing with customers and helping them prepare to ride the horses, taking payment, feeding, tacking up the horses/ponies and helping to teach the younger riders.
– working alone
– working with others
-turning out for shows
-handling/riding young horses
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The thing i most enjoy about working with young horses especially is seeing their progress improve over time. It can be a very rewarding job as all the hard work you put in you get to see the rewards as time goes on.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I find myself to be a very motivated and hardworking person. When I want to achieve something, I ensure I do everything in my power to do so, so if I do not achieve my goals, I can say to myself “I did everything I could.” I hold myself to an extremely high standard and ensure that the work I do is the best it can be. ‘Self-disciplined’ is another word I would use to describe myself. If working towards a deadline, I ensure that I commit as much time and energy possible to ensure the deadline is met. I also consider myself as a people person and I am friendly when it comes to interacting with customers, often using humour. I am regarded by others as being a very polite, kind, and pleasant person to be around. I am very capable with dealing with stress and overcoming stressful situations. I enjoy working with others and working as a team alongside my co-workers. I believe I excel at communicating with an eye for detail, always reliable and helpful. I am looking to use my current skills to broaden my horizons in a position where I can work towards my goals.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience and expand my knowledge within the horse industry while doing what i enjoy most. This would allow me to improve my own skills and improve my riding to a higher level
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?