- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 1st December 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 4th July 2022
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 30 calendar days
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Foaling, Horse Transport, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality South African
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have worked at both a DIY and full livery yard, therefore I have experience in the following areas:
- Mucking out
- Bandaging (injuries, exercise and stable)
- Bringing horses in and taking out.
- Cleaning and organizing
- Preparing feed
- building exercises and courses
- delivering first aid to horses
- administering medications
- recording TPR
- cleaning horseboxes.
- Arranging my horse’s feed, dentist appointments, farrier, deworming, vaccinations, physio appointments etc.
- Riding to a certain level (wanting to improve!)
- Turning out (plaiting)
- Helping friends out at shows.
- Tacking up/off
- Tack care.
- All general yard duties.
I also have experience owning my own 6 yr old OTTB.
- I do have a drivers license (car)
- I have a certification for HEAD GROOM and PROFESSIONAL GROOM.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- I can work alone and in a group
- I have experience lunging difficult/young horses
- I have experience delivering First-Aid to horses
- I am a very administrative
- I am hard working, eager to learn, teachable and organized.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
- I love how productive and therapeutic working with horses is.
- It can be a very rewarding field of work if you are willing to put in the work
- I believe it requires a specific person to work with horses and therefore I feel lucky to be passionate about horses and horse care.
- You learn a lot about life and yourself
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
- I would like to improve my knowledge, experience, techniques and confidence.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
- I am hard working, not lazy.
- I know I still have loads to learn and experience, but I am willing and wanting to learn.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
- To achieve my business and equestrian goals
- Good relationships with co-workers and employees
• Do you need accommodation?
- Not necessarily. I can do both live in or live out (East Sussex, Nearby Brighton)
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
- I am in search for a worker visa from South Africa to the UK, therefore as of now I have no pets in the UK. When the time comes, I would like a pet (dog) friendly work environment but it is not essential.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- I do have a boyfriend in the UK, but I do not have any other job or medical (etc.) commitments.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
- I do not have any holidays booked, though, it is necessary that my employer knows that I would like to visit my family every few months.