- Age 56 years
- Date of Birth 15th April 1964
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 15th January 2018
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Assistant Head Person, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 13st / 82.6kg / 182lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Riding School, Sales, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I am an experienced groom and qualified coach BHSAI. I have worked with eventers, race horses, show jumpers nationally and internationally, riding school horses and ponies and bred and produced youngstock also worked.with driving horses.
As a volunteer I helped start up and coordinate South West Scotland British Show Jumping Junior Academy from six members to over 50 members. Organised lessons, clinics, shows, camps, stable management and fun filled activities to ensure that British Showjumping criteria was met and that the children progressed their skills and confidence.
I work well on my own initiative and as part of a team. I can self motivate and motivate others and happy to help or train people when required.
I have experience in clipping, trimming, feeding ,exercising , fitness programme, and day to day care of horses, Also teaching from novice to advanced riders. Breaking schooling and handling young stock and producing for sales and competitions.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I enjoy learning new skills and spending time with animals.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to improve computing skills.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I am highly motivated hard working honest individual who gives 100% at all times in all I do. I work close with attentionto detail and strive to do my.best at all times . I have excellent people skills with a cheery disposition I can remain calm and professional at all times.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to improve on my skills and challenge myself more.
- Do you need accommodation?
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Possibility two small dogs.
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I need to give one months notice to my current employer.
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have booked a cruise for 6th _16th July 2017