Brand new purpose built yard on the Hereford/Welsh border is looking for a competent and responsible person to manage between 10 and 15 horses, ranging from youngsters to 4*.
We have big aims and high standards, and are looking for someone who has good communication skills and is comfortable managing a small team of people. We are based on a farm in beautiful rolling hills, with wonderful views and fantastic facilities including indoor barn with hot water showers, separate staff tack room and coffee area, 70x40m arena, extensive turnout and lunge pen.
We are looking for someone with previous competition yard experience, but there is also an option for a younger person who would like to grow into the role – enthusiasm is the number 1 attribute in this case – or someone wanting to base with us and help out for the season.
This is very much a ‘team yard’ and we encourage people to bring a horse and have their own goals. Charlotte is a UKCC qualified coach and enjoys helping people progress with their competitive dreams!
Previous work on a working yard
Good accommodation provided on site
Own horse welcome; training and competition goals encouraged!
- Earliest start date 3rd March 2024
- Continent/Country Wales
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single
- Days per week 5.5/6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide dependant on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes