*Up to £25K/£480pw *Based near a large equestrian centre so lots going on! *Live in or out *1.5 bed cottage 🙂 *Own horse and dog welcomed
Experienced, reliable, flexible and self-motivated child friendly groom required for a private family yard with ménage and excellent hacking. Lots of riding including opportunity to hunt. (Lightweight rider 10 stones max). HGV preferred but not essential – you could be put through test for those without.
Working as part of a bigger household team in a busy and intimate household (but not a ‘formal’ house), you will have TOTAL responsibility for 2 horses and 3 ponies with back up from a part time groom. Employer very hands off so you will need to manage children and their pc activities etc. so must be experienced in this area.
Duties include :
- Mucking out and all general yard duties
- Riding, schooling to include jumping, lunging
- Turning out horses to a high standard clipping, plaiting and tack cleaning for hunting, competitions and PC rallies
- Liaising directly with vets, farriers and physio, feed and bedding suppliers etc.
- 2 dogs/1 cat/sheep/chickens all kept so must have relaxed approach to helping with these too.
In the summer it’s all about the kids (only 2 out of 4 now ride) so you must actually like working with kids for this one! Focus is on all being in a safe, cheerful, fun atmosphere.
Accommodation is a cottage which is roomy and light 1.5 beds and best for a single person but plenty of space for guests etc.
Local live out fine too.
Please call Caroline and the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 3rd December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Person Friday, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Hunting, Pony Club Activities
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5.5 some flexibility out of season
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Up to £25K depending on experience and HGV license
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No