Full time Show Groom/Rider required by family showing yard based in South West Scotland. The job entails all usual yard duties, show turnout and general preparation for shows, training and riding. Possibility to compete for the right person. Opportunity to travel to County Shows plus RIHS and HOYS.
Accommodation available or live out.
Exciting opportunity for another member of staff to join one of the top show producers and her highly successful team of show horses. The employer is an Elite Accredited Coach for BHS/BSPS who travels to all major shows in the U.K. competing in Hunter, Hack, Cob, Riding Horse, Coloureds and R.O.R. classes. Usual yard duties, ability to ride an advantage but not necessary. An experienced person preferred but will also consider less experienced seeking a career with horses and keen to learn.
Confident in all sizes and types of show horses.
Willing to learn and be 100% committed.
Keen to step up/take on responsibility.
Previous experience in Showing is an advantage but not essential.
Live in or out
Located in an area close to amenities and social facilities – plenty to do in your free time during non-Covid times!
Opportunity to travel to top County Shows, Royal International and HOYS.
Highly rewarded in return for accomplished success.
Possibility to compete.
- Earliest start date 1st February 2021
- Continent/Country Scotland
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showing
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week 5/6 days per week
- Salary currency Pound Sterling
- Salary guide Depending on experience but no less than min. wage
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly