*Top facilities *Lots of variety * Lots of riding *Horse welcomed
Family run Hunting/P2P yard in Gloucestershire has a super opportunity to work with quality hunters and pointers.
This post will suit anyone with a passion for hunting and P2P racing. Successful applicant must be a lightweight and confident rider with quiet hands and an independent seat. Essential to be able to work with fit thoroughbreds and quality hunters. Family yard with dogs, horses and general farm life so flexibility to chores essential but #loasdsafun 🙂
- Must enjoy working with hunters & fit but well behaved racehorses
- Ability to handle young stock ( yearling, a two year old and a mare in foal)
- Will enjoy mucking in with general farm and family life (e.g. helping with school runs, dogs, chickens etc.)
Must be confident sole charge /managing role taking responsibility for dealing with vets, farriers and feed orders; identifying veterinary problems such as leg issues and early signs of colic; and enjoy sharing feeding and training discussions with the family.
Ability to drive a trailer essential. Ability to drive a lorry preferred but not essential.
NB:If you take a horse £50 per week will be the livery charge which will include Stable, use of facilities, hay and straw plus turn out.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 1st January 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Hunting, P2P
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Show Turnout, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 in summer/6 in winter
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Up to £400PW plus accommodation depending on experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes