Experienced, capable sole charge groom required for family yard with 2 horses and 3 ponies. This is a genuine sole charge position so you will be running and managing the yard yourself on a day-to-day basis.
The employer used to compete at dressage but now just rides for pleasure, but there is nothing to stop you from competing if you want to. Possible to bring own horse.
The employer also has llamas which you will need to be happy to feed when the employer is away. 🙂
There is plenty of grazing and nice facilities for you and the horses.
7.5 lorry drive preferred
Must have references and looking for a long-term position.
Must be able to lunge and ride
Shared three bedroom cottage with the housekeeper. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate a couple!
Statutory holiday leave
You can bring your own horse and the employer has a horse you can ride as well. If you wish to compete your own horse there will be plenty of time for this, and you are welcome to compete one of the employer’s horses as well.
- Earliest start date 11th July 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 51/2 days
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide £325 - £400+ depending on age and experience plus accommodation & horse livery
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, Trailer
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No