In 1992, Paul Schockemöhle, a successful businessman and former European Show Jumping Champion,
purchased a large site in the expanses of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. On no less than 3,000 hectares of land in the heart of the protected landscape of the Lewitz, a centre for modern horse breeding which accommodates 4,000 horses and is unparalleled in Europe has emerged over the years.
Around 250 employees look after the well-being of the horses, which are kept in spacious stables and in speciesappropriate herds in the expanses of the Lewitz.
The riding stables entrusted with training the horses are three geographically separated farmsteads under a common organisational
umbrella. At each of the individual sites, site managers look after the
training of the horses with their teams. A jumping horse trained on the Lewitz stud runs through all three stations chronologically. The “Stern-Buchholz” site is outside the gates of the state capital Schwerin.
The team headed by Birgit Brandsätter and Paulo Castro here is responsible
for breaking in all the horses, as well as for the further training of the dressage horses and the preparation of the colts for licensing.
The stud’s own apartments, modern and practically furnished, give you affordable living space near your place of work and make it easier for you to form and strengthen social relationships even after you finish work. On request, you will be served breakfast and lunch in the stud’s own canteens.
Of course, we will help you with all the administrative issues which come up at the beginning, provide you with translating assistance during doctor’s visits if necessary and help you with anything else that you need. We will do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible for you.
- Earliest start date 1st October 2019
- Continent/Country Europe, The EU
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Rider, Work Rider, Working Couple
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dealer, Dressage, Pre-Training, Sales, Showing, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Ride, Stallion Handling, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency €
- Salary guide 1792,05
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery