In 1992, Paul Schockemöhle, a successful businessman and former European Show Jumping Champion,
purchased a large site in the expanses of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. On no less than 3,000 hectares of land in the heart of the protected landscape of the Lewitz, a centre for modern
horse breeding which accommodates 4,000 horses and is unparalleled in Europe has emerged over the years.
Around 250 employees look after the well-being of the horses, which are kept in spacious stables and in speciesappropriate herds in the expanses of the Lewitz.
As a groom or rider at one of the three riding stables, you are responsible for the training and care of
the horses bred by Paul Schockemöhle. Many horses which will later cause a sensation in top level sport go through our hands. The daily routine gives you the opportunity to gather a lot of experiences and impressions in every respect. The fact that a renowned trainer is always available to support
you will particularly help you with your personal development.
The riding stables entrusted with training the horses are three geographically separated farmsteads
under a common organisational umbrella. At each of the individual sites, site managers look after the
training of the horses with their teams. A jumping horse trained on the Lewitz stud runs through all three stations chronologically.
The second station for training a Lewitz jumping horse, the “Rustica”, is located in the immediate
vicinity of the main stud. Under the management of Janek and Melanie Hucz, the young horses take their first jumps under a saddle here.
- Earliest start date 15th July 2019
- Continent/Country Europe, The EU
- Position/s available Rider, Work Rider, Working Couple
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Sales, Showing, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Ride, Stallion Handling, Work Rider, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency €
- Salary guide 1792,05
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery