Long term, live in role on a small, friendly private yard available from January 2019
We are looking for a full time experienced Groom capable of schooling and keeping fit our 3 geldings, so that they are ready to hunt and compete when our daughters are at home. Our oldest daughter (19) is at University & our younger daughter (16) is at boarding school. Our daughters compete mainly during the Easter and Summer holidays 🙂 We will want to see you ride at interview 🙂 Our horses are 15h, 16.1 and 16.2.
This is a position where you will be very well treated and also supported by the other great people who work for us on the Estate. We remain in very close contact with our 2 former grooms who will be only too happy to confirm that we are good and kind employers.
In an ideal world, we hope to employ an experienced lorry driver allowing them to drive our 7.5 tonne horsebox or perhaps someone who has a trailer licence. All yard duties and the ability to clip, plait, trim and pull manes/tails to a good standard is a requirement.
Accommodation & General details
Lovely private ground floor flat – with one double bedroom – which is furnished & fully equipped is provided free with the position, together with a generous and competitive salary paid according to age and experience.
Please note we have a Shoot so I am afraid no cats are allowed but we would be happy to welcome a well behaved dog and your own horse.
- Earliest start date 12th January 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Pony Club Activities, Showjumping, Working Hunter
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency pound sterling
- Salary guide Generous and competitive according to experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, Trailer, 7.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No