Looking for a Full Time/Part Time Groom/trainee Groom for a small professional family event/hunt yard with horses ranging from 4 yo to 4*.
Must be confident handling fit competition horses.
Jobs would include all day to day yard duties including mucking out, putting horses on the walker, turning out, tacking up, washing off, grooming, feeding, preparing for competitions and possibly some riding.
Be able to turn out to a high standard, clip, pull manes/tails and plait as well as general yard duties including lunging.
5.5/6 days negotiable, including some weekends throughout the season.
Opportunity to travel to events both in the UK and abroad.
You will get sole charge responsibility so it is vital that you can use your initiative and be 100% reliable – so previous experience would be a real bonus.
Min requirements: Sole Charge, must be able to plait, pull mane/tails and turn out to a very high standard.
Room for your own horse and training included.
- Earliest start date 14th January 2020
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Competition Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Hunting, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5/5.5/6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide NMW + negotiable vs age and experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No