Experienced groom with or without stud work experience wanted to come and join our small friendly dedicated team.
We are currently looking for a permanent stud hand to assist with the daily care of mares, foals and young stock. This position includes all general yard work (mucking out, bringing in and turning out, groom, general yard maintenance) as well as your standard stud duties. A big part of this position is preparing yearlings and foals for the sales ( Tattersales & Goffs) therefore the candidate must be confident in handling young stock. We also have several foals on the ground each year so there is the chance to help and assist with foaling and to assist with weaning.
- Atleast 2 references from previous employers.
- Uk manual driving licence.
Purpose built shared accommodation with own private bedroom. All bills and utilities payed for by employer.
- Accommodation provided free of charge.
- 22 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Every other full weekend off or every sunday off.
- Earliest start date 29th October 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Racing Flat, Racing NH, Sales, Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5 1/2
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Neg. according to age and experience.
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes