If you want to make a difference in the lives of abused and neglected horses and help them flourish over time, if you love riding, and want to experience ranch life, you will not regret applying for this position in Larnaka, Cyprus!
This position will suit you if you have a “can do” attitude and are looking for a truly amazing life experience. Cyprus is NOT an easy place to live, the culture is alien, the daily temperatures are exhausting, and you are far from friends and family.
We are a small private horse sanctuary with 14 rescued horses and ponies in various stages of rehabilitation. Our 14 acres farm is located in a rural valley with few facilities. We do vital work – all hands on care with field surgery, medical and rehabilitation work. There are few equine facilities available in Cyprus and only 2″ equine ” vets on island. We are looking for a Groom who really cares about horse welfare and rehabilitation to join us in our work. Duties are feeding, mucking out, stable cleaning, horse care and riding.
Accommodation is the main farmhouse in an en suite room with a private terrace. Flight to Cyprus, all meals and drinks, and personal toiletries etc included, plus use of car by arrangement. Salary Euro 800 tax free salary per month (in line with Cyprus equivalent of NMW) and medical insurance is provided. The successful applicant will live as one of the family and will be expected to help out with light chores such as washing up!
- Earliest start date 8th October 2018
- Continent/Country The EU
- Position/s available Groom/Rider
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Family Yard, Pony Club Activities, Riding Holidays, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Showjumping, Trekking, Western
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge
- Non-equine skills required Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided In employers home
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency Euro
- Salary guide 800
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery