Sadly after two years, one of my guys is moving on so I am going to need to find a replacement to work with us for this season. I know the person leaving will highly recommend the job and would be here for anyone to ask questions to, the position needs to be filled by the Second week of November.
I need either a rider/groom or a yard person.
If applying for the rider position then I would like the person be able to use their seat and ride leg long as well as riding a racehorse, showjumping/eventing/hunting experience would be great… Ideally be able to ride youngsters, ride work, school and adapt to the horse they are on. I am happy to give training to the right person. There will be some yard duties and chance to go racing etc. The horses are all well schooled, sensible and are generally very good rides.
The yard person would be instead of a rider, to work alongside Nicky, getting our horses tacked up, putting on and off the walker, grooming and generally helping to make sure everything runs smoothly as part of a team.
The hours are 6-12 and 3.30 to 5, 5.5 days a week, with one weekend in 3 to work. If you work the sunday then you get Thursday off and an afternoon to suit everyone. If you are off on the sunday, again you take an afternoon to suit too.
Lovely self contained one bed flat for the right person.
Great wages, 5.5 day week, 26 days paid holiday, percentage money.
- Earliest start date 4th November 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Racing Flat, Racing NH
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding, No riding required
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Ride, Work Rider
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide According to and above BHA/NMW guidelines, depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery