*Salary up to £26,940 – £30,500 pa + Accommodation *Dog a possibility
Experienced Stud Hand & Stud Groom required to work within a growing team to manage a performance horse stud reporting to the Stud manager and the ridden yard manager. Immaculate, high end yard with 80 – 100 horses, boasting the best bloodlines in Europe. The yard has their own breeding programme, handling young stock through to international showjumping and dressage competition horses. You should be comfortable working with TB’s within a team but capable of using your initiative where required. Foaling experienced a must for the Stud Groom position but would like as much prior experience as possible of the Stud environment for both roles.
Duties include :
- Handling young stock, mares and foals
- Mucking out and general yard duties
- Hand walking
- Holding horses for farrier as required, including help with youngsters
- Treating minor wounds, changing dressings and giving some medications as required
- Monitoring condition of horses in fields, checking water, fencing etc
- Basic first aid and care
- Experience in foaling down and lactating and pregnant mares essential for Stud Groom position
6 days per week (on rota). 8am to 5pm and as required during the foaling season. 28 days holiday (including bank holidays). Initial one year contract.
Experienced Stud Hand salary IRO £30,500 pa + accommodation.
Stud Groom salary from £26,940 pa + accommodation.
Please call Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 4th February 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Part of a Team, Stud Hand
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showjumping, Stud
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Muck Out, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Salary range £26,940k - £30,500 pa + Accommodation, according to experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes