*Live in or out (nice accommodation on site )*Salary up to £28K pa *Racing hours *3 days off per fortnight *Will consider seasonal or permanent applications
This rehabilitation and pre training yard with fantastic facilities requires several keen RIDERS with basic, correct flat work but also proper experience gained in any discipline involving thoroughbreds along with rider fitness and confidence to site astride horses who have may well have been racing. You will have an opportunity to learn new skills and receive further training if required. Working with a dedicated team you will receive excellent pay and a warm welcome from enthusiastic professionals .
A key part of any young thoroughbred’s education is when they are being backed. At this yard, the process is tailored to the individual needs of each horse.The facilities and peaceful setting ensure the best possible start, with lunging and long-reining integral to the young horse’s training programme, before progressing to faster paces and cantering on the grass or all weather gallops. Racehorses also enjoy a well earned rest from the rigours of training, to recover from injury, or for pre and post-operative care at the facility.
There will be some yard work, time allowing and you would be expected to ‘pitch in’ but the yard has specific yard workers to do the bulk of this, so the priority for this role will be riding.
Please call Caroline and the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 30th November 2017
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider, Work Rider, Part of a Team
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Stallion Handling, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None, Shared with other employee
- Days per week 3 days off every 2 weeks/Racing hours
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable depending on experience up to £28K plus accomm
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes