This is an amazing position for a show jumping rider to work learn and train on an Educ8 Apprenticeship with an international show jumper and producer on his yard in Kent. The ideal candidate will already have experience of jumping at a minimum of 1.10 competitively with British Showjumping and must have video available to view.
The role is primarily a riding groom role but will also involve all the usual yard duties. Opportunity to travel to Vilamoura Sunshine Tour and lots of major UK shows throughout the year (subject to ability).
This employer has become the south east’s leading provider of both British bred, Irish bred and continental horses for both pleasure riding through to performance horses for eventing and show jumping.
They have invested in a brand new 50m by 21m school, made from top quality sand and fibre mix, along with a new 18m lunge circle and upgrades to their cross country course so there are excellent facilities here.
Applicants must be jumping 1.10 minimum and have a minimum of 2 years competition experience with British Showjumping.
Ideally should have GCSE maths and English Grade A – C/9 – 4 (strong applicants with slightly lower grades will be considered if prepared to work hard on continued maths and English study to Level 2)
Static caravan, fully heated etc.
Subject to ability, there is lots of opportunity to ride and travel the UK and abroad competing with this very busy show jumper.
- Earliest start date 1st November 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Rider/Trainer
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £3.70
- Salary guide At least the minimum wage for apprentices and could be higher depending on experience and ability
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No