This position is in a School Equestrian Centre in one of the most beautiful and inspiring environments in Britain today. They require someone to join the existing team to assist with day to day horse care tasks and day to day exercise and training of the horses. The Equestrian Centre is a BHS approved livery yard and riding school exclusively for the use of School pupils and has twenty stables, an outdoor ménage, cross country course and 26 acres of grazing.
Within a flexible working pattern – shifts are available to accommodate alternative commitments. Could include early and late starts and lone working.
An application form and job description can be downloaded below
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants must have proven experience in the equine industry and the ability to ride horses and ponies. You will have an enthusiastic and flexible approach and some industry experience is a must. A recognised BHS qualification would be an advantage.
- Earliest start date 1st December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Livery, Riding School, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Ride, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week Flexible working pattern
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide The salary will be negotiable dependent on experience (but at the very least NMW)
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No
- Application Form (if applicable)