*Horse welcome (free livery) *Lovely accommodation (no charge) *Exercise riding *Weekend time off will have to be negotiated with in the team
Would consider a Working Couple with job JL33973.
This is a role for a true animal lover where complete ridden and on the ground horse care is provided by two people so clear lines of responsibility are required but also an ability to work in harmony with others. You will have sole charge of the yard and work alongside the families Rider when they are on duty with you.
🙂 The Family are very sociable so you will need to be sociable with people as well as good with the horses and families friends/relatives and the farms other animals .
This beautiful farm based family yard is looking for a Groom to be responsible for all general yard duties, caring for 6 horses/2 dogs and cats/donkeys. You will also be required to exercise the horses sometimes on your own, but also with others. Flexibility is important too as you may be required to feed the cows on the herdsman’s days off. Trailer license ideal. The family compete at Dressage currently to Elementary level and hunt in season also.
– Stables and Tack :
· Muck out stables and clean water drinkers
· Tidy tack room and rug room, staff walkways, wash stables walls, de-cobweb and clean drains
· Clean Tack & wash rugs, boots and bandages.
· Take bins out
– Caring for animals :
· Groom, feed, bathe and worm them
· Making feeds, administering necessary supplements and medication
· Assist in transporting them
· Provide routine and emergency healthcare when necessary
. Two cats – their feed, health and well-being.
· Clean hoofs, clip withers and legs, trim whiskers and clip the donkey’s hair
– Working with horses :
· Prepare horses for work and exercise them
· Cool down horses and provide post-exercise care
· Groom at competitions and outings
· Ride and exercise horses when needed
– Arena, fields and muck heap :
· Arena: harrow once a week, clean arena mirrors, and pick up droppings
· Paddocks and fields: maintain, pick up droppings, clean water troughs, check fields making them safe for animals
· Maintain muck heap, pile, keep in working order and dispose of when necessary
· Check fields and make them safe for horses, reporting to Rider
· Clean water trough
· Check feed and hay deliveries
· If the Rider is absent, assist with farrier, vet and osteopath
· Develop own plan with Rider for days in sole charge
· Weekly reports
– Machinery and Tools :
· Maintain in good working order the quad and its trailer, the poo vacuum and the horse trailer, repair when needed and service it when necessary
· Fill up the quad when necessary and keep machinery clean.
Please contact Caroline and the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 10th December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Person Friday, Working Couple
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Other - see job description, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide At least NMW negotiable depending on age and experience + accommodation + livery if required
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, Trailer
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No