*Horse welcome (free livery) *Opportunity to do some Dressage competing *Must be used to teaching formally and informally * £28,090.40 pa plus free livery *5 day week
This is a role for a true animal lover where complete ridden and on the ground horse care is provided by two people so clear lines of responsibility are required but also an ability to work in harmony with others. You will have sole charge of the yard and work alongside the families Groom/Exercise Rider when they are on duty with you.
🙂 The Family are very sociable so you will need to be sociable with people as well as good with the horses and families friends/relatives and the farms other animals .
This beautiful farm based family yard is looking for a Rider/Instructor to be responsible for all general yard duties, caring for 6 horses/2 dogs and cats/donkeys. The family compete at Dressage currently to Elementary level and hunt in season also.
Looking for someone who can ride and teach daughter and help them do better at competition and teach friends as/when. Qualifications not required but ideal. Do not need to be an advanced Dressage Rider just a good level and able to ‘coach’ in a useful and friendly manner.
1.5 days a week off but could arrange odd weekends to alternate a weekend off once in a while.
The Rider is in charge of the well-being and general state of all horses and donkeys. The Rider is responsible for the general state of all equestrian facilities, for example the stables, metal barn, arena, paddocks etc. The Rider supervises and plans the work with the Groom. The Rider is responsible for assisting and training/teaching the family, as long as all riders that are ‘approved’ by family.
Trailer license ideal.
Stables and Tack
- Run the yard, make sure that everything is in working order, if not, inform and get it repaired
As/when required and time allows
- Muck out stables and clean water drinkers
- Tidy tack room, rug room, staff walkways, wash stable walls, de-cobweb, clean drains
- Clean tack & wash rugs, boots and bandages
– Caring for animals :
- Groom, feed, bathe and worm them
- Administer necessary supplements and medications
- Transport them
- Provide routine and emergency healthcare when necessary
- Clean hoofs, clip withers and legs, trim whiskers and clip the donkey’s hair
– Working with horses
- Prepare the horses for work and exercise them
- Train and exercise the horses through organised training plans
- Give horse riding lessons to family and friends when required
- Compete selected horses in accordance to plans
– Arena, fields and muck heap:
- Arena: harrow once a week, clean arena mirrors, and pick up droppings
- Paddocks and fields: maintain, pick up droppings, clean water troughs, check fields making them safe for animals
- Maintain muck heap, pile, keep in working order and dispose of when necessary
- Manage health records of all animals
- Manage work and training records of all animals
- Order supplies
- Check feed and hay deliveries
- Book and supervise lessons, farrier, vet, osteopath, etc.
- Create 6-month training plans for each horse and rider
- Weekly reports
Please contact Caroline and the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 10th December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Manager, Home Groom, Person Friday
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Hunting
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None, Administration, Other - see job description, Pet Care/Sitting
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide At least NMW negotiable depending on age and experience + accommodation + livery if required
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, Trailer
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? No