Small but successful family run Thoroughbred Stud in Somerset searching for an experienced, knowledgeable member of staff who is capable of taking charge of foaling and other stud duties.
All normal stud and stable day to day and maintenance tasks.
Beautiful setting, undercover yard with very good facilities.
Everyday management and care of broodmares, foals and young stock –
-Sales Prep – Foal watch / sitting up – Foaling – Walking in mares to Stallion stud.
-All normal stud and stable day to day and maintenance tasks.
*Must be prepared to work the irregular hours that comes with foaling when required.
*Must be independent and take responsibility for the day to day running of the stud.
*Must have initiative and be able to take charge and manage other staff when required.
*Must be competent handling young and potentially flighty horses.
*Must be able to drive
Very smart modern new build self contained Stone annex can be made available to right candidate (or potentially couple)
- Earliest start date 1st January 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard, Racing Flat, Sales, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Sales Preparation, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Administration, Management Skills, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided None, Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5 ON AVERAGE
- Salary currency Stirling
- Salary guide Neg
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No