Interesting part time role (approx. 4hrs per day) for a reliable, trustworthy Freelance groom to join an existing Team to help look after 1 horse and 27 sheep.
Freelance cover is required in the mornings (approx 5 days a week) and can be coordinated with the current yard-staff to be flexible around existing commitments.
Duties to include:
- Daily management, grooming, feeding, welfare of the horse
- Looking after/ managing/ feeding of sheep
- Yard management – must be kept clean & tidy
If candidates are suitable then there is the opportunity to drive a tractor i.e. for harrowing the school and possibly some topping and harrowing of the paddocks in the Spring but this isn’t a hard requirement as it can be covered by existing grounds-maintenance Team.
This position would suit local individual; looking to pick up more Freelance hours going into Winter.
Unfortunately no dogs allowed due to the sheep (Ewes and lambs at foot)
Good rate of Pay IRO £10-£12 per hour based on experience.
Start date ASAP.
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Trainee, Groom, Other
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Family Yard
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable £10-£12 PH according to age and experience
- Salary Period Hourly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery