General yard duties including mucking out, grooming and taking care of top level event horses. There will be training on the job for skills such as mane and tail pulling and clipping, and opportunities for the right candidate to travel to competitions.
Candidate must have some experience of working on a yard. Above all must be hard working and enthusiastic.
Shared accommodation provided, on site.
Fantastic opportunity to gain experience at a top yard, working with knowledgable efficient and skilled people, and an exciting team of talented horses all striving for the top. Additionally, own horse welcome and training with 4* rider and UKCC Level coach provided as part of the programme.
- Aged 16-17 years an apprentice is paid £3.70 per hour (April 2018-April 2019)
- Aged 19 and over an apprentice in the first year of an apprenticeship can be paid at least £3.70 per hour
- Aged 19 and over an apprentice in the second year of an apprenticeship must be paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age.
- An Apprentice Groom can be paid a higher hourly rate, but this is at the discretion of the individual employer.
- Earliest start date 25th November 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills None
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide dependant on the applicant but fair and legal
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes