We are looking for an assistant for our stud groom in place who has over 15 years experience in the industry and has been at out Stud for 2 years.
The role covers all aspects of a running a successful stud, including foaling, handling of broodmares, yearlings and foals. Foal and yearling preparation and sales, plus of everyday routine work and dealing with vets and farriers.
There is also an small element of administration.
Interested in breeding of bloodstock and wanting to learn or gain more experience.
Applicants do not have to have stud experience, just keen to learn and have had some horse experience.
This is a live in position. Own bedroom in large shared cottage.
- Earliest start date 10th December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Stud Hand
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing, Stud
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills None
- Non-equine skills required Computer Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No