A full-time job on a fun professional show jumping yard in West Sussex. We also breed a couple of foals each year with our own mares and stallions so being able to handle young stock and stallions is essential. There are currently 9 horses on the yard, 2 brood mares, 2 youngstock, 1 companion and 4 showjumpers.
All general yard duties will be expected plus travelling to day shows and stay away shows for upto a week at a time. Must have high standards of turn out both at home and away and be very organised.
Being a competent rider would be a bonus but being able to lunge is a necessity.
The yard and the horses are kept to the highest of standards so attention to detail is a must.
Training can be given to a candidate that is not as experienced but that is willing to learn!
For more information and to apply for this role please email a CV. We are looking to fill the position with immediate start.
No accommodation is available immediately so would need to be in travelling distance. Accommodation may become available at some point.
A very competitive salary for the right person and a lovely happy place to work with some top quality horses.
- Earliest start date 10th December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Family Yard, Showjumping, Stud
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Negotiable
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes