This is an exciting opportunity for a person who is interested in combining a trainee Senior Groom’s role with developing their teaching skills. Opportunity to ride and develop your own riding. The successful candidate will have already achieved their Level 2 Apprenticeship or have at least one year’s experience working full time in the industry and be ready to step up to Level 3 with increased responsibilities. You will be a great team player who is willing undertake all yard duties in all weathers whilst learning and developing your own skills and knowledge. You’ll benefit from the guidance of the Yard Manager and Assistant Yard Manager and as well as your Educ8 Training Apprenticeship Trainer Coach.
This large and well run equestrian centre, with fantastic facilities, is a BHS Approved Centre and listed in the BHS Where To Train. It is also an Approved Pony Club Centre and a Registered Riding for the Disabled Group so there’s always lots going on! Offering a full range of livery, schooling and competition facilities including indoor school, fully lit outdoor manege, horse walker, cross country course and spa. Based on a large National Trust Estate, between Highworth and Coleshill on the Wiltshire / Oxfordshire border, with off road riding and river crossings through beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
5 day week with regular shifts and two consecutive days off.
At least one year’s prior experience working full time in the equine industry.
Applicants should ideally have GCSE English and Maths grades A – C/9-4 although strong applicants with slightly lower grades will be considered providing they are committed to achieving Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths as part of this apprenticeship.
NB own transport essential unless you have access to 100%reliable lifts as the location is not on a bus route.
Wage according to age, experience and qualifications
- Earliest start date 16th December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom, Part of a Team, Riding Instructor
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Riding School, Showjumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency sterling
- Salary guide at least NMW for apprentices or age and may be higher depending on experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery