Fab opportunity to work alongside a top event rider and learn all about eventing, You must have relevant experience of all usual grooming duties to a good standard to be able to help with the day to day routine working within the team. You must be a lightweight and confident rider as there is alot of hacking/riding on fit (young) event horses! There will be training on the job for skills such as mane and tail pulling and clipping etc.
You will be expected to cover all daily yard duties:
Mucking out, sweeping and general tidiness of the yard, putting horses on and off the walker, turning out and bringing in, changing rugs, filling haynets, tack cleaning, preparing feeds as well as assisting farriers, vets, dentist and other professionals on behalf of our owners.
Basic horse care/handling and riding fit competition horses essential . Reliable, hardworking, flexible, punctual, friendly and happy to work in a team.
Lovely, large & spacious 5 bedroom cottage on site – sole occunpancy of a double bedroom – the whole cottage is furnished & fully equipped and is provided free with the position. All utility bills are paid for & includes TV, Broadband/WiFi.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a team with some exciting expansion plans in the next year along with working with some wonderful horses in a professional environment. If you’re not afraid of hard work and want to work with a bunch of fun & enthusiastic people then apply.
- Earliest start date 21st January 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Eventing
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £/pounds
- Salary guide A competitive salary paid according to age and experience.
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery