Livery, schooling and rehab yard is now looking for a ‘live out’ Apprentice. This will be a formal Apprenticeship position supported by Educ8 Equine.
The successful candidate will be working and training alongside the yard owner and one other groom taking care of a range of horses including full and part liveries, horses undergoing rehabilitation or re-training/backing and breaking.
With excellent facilities including an indoor barn, large outdoor arena with high quality surface, heated tack/staff room and a horse solarium there is the opportunity to gain a wide range of horse care skills and, subject to experience, develop your riding skills too.
Working a five day week with regular hours – 8 – 12/1-3.30 with time for study each day included in this, you will be joining a relaxed and happy team who work hard and run a very tidy yard to a high standard whilst still having fun along the way.
This is a role for a dedicated groom committed to learning and working to a high standard of horse care. You must be reliable, flexible and cheerful with good customer care and communication skills.
Own transport essential due to the remote location.
**Please note you must have your own transport in order to apply for this position**
- Some prior experience of horses and basic horse handling skills
- GCSE maths and English grades A – d/9-4 (strong candidates with slightly lower grades may be considered so long as they are fully committed to achieving Level 2 maths and English as part of this apprenticeship)
- Positive, cheerful and friendly attitude with good communication skills
Apprentice NMW £3.70 per hour
- Earliest start date 16th December 2018
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Rehabilitation, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency sterling
- Salary guide £3.70 per hour
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No