Looking for a full time junior groom
Looking for a Groom to work as part of our existing team. You will be working on a friendly, professionally run private livery yard that caters for all, from retired to competition horses and all horses are given the 5 star treatment that we pride ourselves on.
You will be expected to be professional at all times, maintain high standards that we have worked hard to achieve. You will also need to be reliable, hardworking, flexible, punctual, friendly and happy to work in a team.
Opportunities will be available to prepare horses and attend competitions. We are also offering a Horse Care Apprenticeship for candidates who are interested, which will train you towards a Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care. This qualification, which is a work-based, offers a higher commercial and professional standard than College based Diplomas, due to the learning happening within the work place.
You will be expected to cover all daily yard duties:
Mucking out, turning out and bringing in, changing rugs, filling hay nets as well as assisting farriers, vets, dentist and other professionals on behalf of our owners.
- Earliest start date 25th August 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Showjumping
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week Ideally - Monday afternoon to Saturday morning
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide £15,000 -16,000 annual (NMW at least)
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No
- Image Gallery