*IRO £350PW *Fun seasonal or long term opportunity *Well trained dog welcome *On site accommodation available.
This is a seasonal or permanent position requiring an enthusiastic and cheerful person to join a family team. The job would include working with youngsters, general yard duties, travelling to polo matches, preparing ponies at games, working on your own and with others. Lots of fun to be had in amongst the usual duties.
Polo experience not necessary but a willingness to learn is essential. You should have had some good basic grooming experience and be able to turnout well, bandage,first aid, muck out etc. Lightweight, experienced rider ideal.
Stables are set out in 8 barns ranging in size from 3 to 31 stables. The barns have been designed to allow good undercover working conditions and are light and airy with 7 secure tack rooms. There are 58 paddocks fenced with electric rope; all have mains fed water troughs.
There is a 30x 60 enclosed floodlit outdoor arena with an excellent Martin Collins surface A 990m x 5m all-weather circular exercise track and a horse walker are also available and there is excellent off-road hacking. High-quality facilities for more than 70 polo ponies.
- Earliest start date 13th January 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Polo
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work Rider
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 6 some flexibility
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £350 neg. + accomm and ultiities
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery