*Career opportunity – Could consider someone in a trainee yard management capacity. * Salary IRO £21K neg. *Live out or live in
Full Time/ Part Time Yard Manager/Assistant Manager (trainee) required by a very successful Hanoverian dressage stud which breeds & produces quality British-bred dressage horses using top German bloodlines, is now looking for a hands on team player to be the owner’s right-hand person running the yard on a daily basis. You will work closely within a Team and alongside vets, physios, farrier etc. and manage the work of the team. Would consider someone in a trainee yard management capacity and training will be provided.
Ideally you will have experience of yard management, competition horses mares and young stock and you will be able to lunge/clip/turnout/handle young stock/muck out. Great opportunity for an existing Yard Manager or Grooms with basic performance horse or stud experience & who wish to have the best skills development training. Must be bright, have initiative and possess a good work ethic. Ideally interested in the world of breeding/performance horse training & development.
Whilst exercise riding could be available if you would like and are competent to do, this is primarily a non riding role with the focus being on Yard/Team/Horse management.
Please contact Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earliest start date 4th March 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Assistant Head Person
- Yard disciplines/Activities Dressage, Stud
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Show Turnout, Young Stock Handler
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee
- Days per week 5.5
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide IRO £21k pa negotiable depending on level of experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No