*Up to £500pw depending on experience *5/5.5/6 day week negotiable * Accommodation available *Pets considered.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with top class performance horses and enjoys running a yard to 3* level.
This is a possibility for an experienced person or someone slightly less experienced but who enjoys working on a yard where they can receive some mentoring but must have a strong desire & drive to do everything to the highest standards.
You would be required to look after and help with the riding of 6 top class performance horses who regularly compete at a high level and partake in varied disciplines all year round on a private yard. There could be opportunities to hunt/compete yourself if you have the ability and interest to do so.
Working alongside the owners and other yard staff (but you will often be in charge of things and expected to organise, so experience of sole charge essential) you ideally will be someone who is used to working to 3* level. Turnout ability should be excellent and you should be able to plait both manes and tails. Some of these horses compete to HOYS level so someone who actually enjoys the ‘spic and span’ approach would thrive in this role!
The yard has all the mod cons you would wish for to make your life easy! Walker/ Hot wash/Washing machine/ Tumble dryer/ infra Red.
Someone who can drive a lorry/tow a trailer would be ideal but not essential.
Please contact Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 25th February 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Family Yard, Hunting, Polo, Showing, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single
- Days per week 5/5.5/6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Up to £500pw depending on experience including accommodation. Own bills to pay/council tax neg.
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes