Successful Showjumping, Producing and Sales Yard based in West Sussex is looking for an experienced Groom to take charge of day to day running of the yard.
As we are currently looking for a home Groom and show groom, the head groom role could be either or a combination of both.
We travel to national and international shows and would require a home groom to keep everything running smoothly at home whilst we are away whilst a show groom would come and look after and prepare horses for the ring.
We have very high standards of turnout so the candidate must be able to turnout horses to a very high standard and keep the yard tidy and organised.
Some riding available if desired but not essential. Must be able to clip to a high standard, plait, lunge, bandage etc
Ideally the candidate would have an HGV licence and must have car licence
Must have experience as a groom, running a yard and taking sole charge. Must be able to work well with others and give orders when required.
Must be able to clip to a high standard, plait, lunge well and take pride in the presentation of horses and the yard
On site accommodation in tidy apartments
We are a very friendly and successful team with an on-site equine veterinary clinic and treat our staff with great respect and as equals.
- Earliest start date 12th February 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Working Couple
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Sales, Showjumping
- Riding Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Management Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 6
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide Dependant in position and experience
- Salary Period Weekly
- Must Drive Car, 3.5t
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No