Grooms position available for beautiful family yard in Oxfordshire. Full time (5-5.5 days / week including either Saturday / Sunday). Typically 8-5pm, but hours can be flexible. Competitive salary based on experience & references. Ideal candidate must be experienced, self-motivated & happy to work with children.
Job will involve all normal yard duties plus riding, schooling, lunging, clipping, plaiting etc. High turnout standards required. Candidate will be predominantly responsible for running the yard during the week and then supporting activities on the weekend. The children ride / compete on weekends so weekend cover is essential. Ideal candidate would be small enough to ride a 14.2 pony.
We would also consider someone who could only commit to less days or who wants flexible time provided they have the requisite experience. Possibility to bring own horse. Option of competing some of our horses. Dogs allowed.Must have driving & trailer licence at a minimum.
No accommodation. No smokers please.
Competitive salary based on experience & references.
- Earliest start date 1st March 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Rider/Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Pony Club Activities, Showing, Showjumping
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Salary currency Pounds
- Salary guide Competitive based on experience & references
- Must Drive Car, Trailer
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? Possibly
- Smoking allowed? No