Apprentice groom sought for busy professional eventing & jumping yard. 10-14 boxes, with a mixture of competing horses up to 4*, rehabilitation liveries, spa services, competition liveries and young horses being produced.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person, keen to gain experience in all aspects of our business. You should have a calm professional outlook, an eye for detail and take pride in your work. You will develop strong groundwork skills with all levels of horses, from foal to 4* eventers. You will also work alongside us with spa and rehabilitation horses.
You must have a sound basic knowledge of handling horses and all yard duties, and be over 16.
We are committed to ensuring that you will gain excellent all-round training to equip you for a career in any equestrian field.
Riding is not necessary, and sadly we cannot accommodate another horse or a dog.
Superb American barn yard with indoor, outdoor and gallops on site. Regular coaching offered.
Driving licence / own transport needed as we are located 1 mile from the nearest village. No onsite accommodation.
- Earliest start date 10th March 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Apprentice, Trainee, Groom
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Livery, Showjumping
- Riding No riding required
- Required Skills Equine First Aid, Muck Out
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided None
- Days per week 5
- Salary currency GBP
- Salary guide Dependent on skill level
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? No
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? No