We are seeking a reliable Groom, Yard Hand and/or Apprentice Grooms for our busy Livery yard set within a large Estate in Surrey
This is a mixed yard who participate in Variety of activities – Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Riding Club, Rehabilitation, Showjumping, Team Chase.
Grooms/Yard Hands/Trainees may be current yard hands OR currently in junior grooms positions OR those that have trained at college seeking their first professional role. You should provide a minimum of 1 references and have a minimum of 1 year experience on a busy yard/equestrian college.You should have background demonstrating experience with horses and be keen to work in a a busy professional yard environment.
Apprentices will require at least one reference from an equestrian business/college. You should have good background experience with horses and be keen to work in a a busy professional Eventing & Livery yard environment.If you are an apprentice permanent position possible once training is completed.
We have secured a wonderful newly refurbished 18th century cottage (with a garden) at the edge of the estate where our three new staff will each have their own room and share the property. Each will pay a share of the rent (inclusive). If you are selected after the second interview you will have the opportunity to meet the other candidates and are then able to have an introductory live-in trial of 2-3 days if you wish before final decisions are made.
The location is a stunning historic Parkland estate which is family owned. One Director is a BHSI (SM) who oversees the development of the Livery Stables and the manager is a is highly experienced manager (currently competing) Where required you will be advised and trained you towards your next level.
Wages are commensurate with age and experience.
- Earliest start date 11th March 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider/Groom, Part of a Team, Working Couple, Other
- Postcode/postcode region (if live out)
- Yard disciplines/Activities Classical, Competitions, Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding Club, Rehabilitation, Showing, Showjumping, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Applicants must ride, Optional riding
- Required Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-equine skills required Other - see job description, Supervisory Skills
- Accommodation provided Shared with other employee, Single
- Days per week 6 with rotating long weekends off
- Salary currency UK Pounds
- Salary guide Commensurate with age and experience
- Salary Period Monthly
- Must Drive Not Applicable
- Must have own car? No
- Pets welcome? Possibly
- Own horse welcome? No
- Smoking allowed? Yes
- Image Gallery