*One hour from Bristol/Cheltenham/Cardiff * 5/6 day week negotiable * Own horse and dog welcome *Competitive package £18K neg. plus no accomm. or utilities charges.
Very active and Competitive family looking for a lightweight Groom/Rider with previous Hunting and Thoroughbred horse experience soonest.
This is a long term opportunity for someone who really knows what they are doing and is capable of stepping up and taking sole charge. Horses are a mix of TB’s/TB’s x ID/Ponies and PT help is available as/when required.
It would be great if you could ride and lead (great hacking available) and if you were a really capable rider! Family all hunt when home from boarding school. Daughter does BE 80/100. Horses kept are 5 hunters + 1 racing pony 148cm + 1 P2P all in work. Often yard will be quiet/easy going but when children home from boarding school things do liven up somewhat, so you should be tolerant to that change in pace and actually enjoy working with polite, well behaved kids 🙂
Must be capable of hunting/schooling and brave enough to be involved in pony racing season which is great fun! Lightweight rider required.
Day to day equine administration, booking farriers, vets and ordering bedding and feed for example all part and parcel of the role. Plenty of hunting with Monmouthshire and Ledbury (as well as visiting further afield) for right candidate.
🙂 Caroline’s comments 🙂 This would be a position for someone who likes to feel part of the family. It is ‘full on’ though and you will need to be a bold, brave and competent rider for the disciplines but good grooms seem to stay a good amount of time and everyone seems to have fun!
Please contact Caroline & the Team on 0203 006 5730 or email email@example.com
- Earliest start date 18th March 2019
- Continent/Country United Kingdom
- Position/s available Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Yard disciplines/Activities Competitions, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, P2P, Pony Club Activities
- Riding Applicants must ride
- Required Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-equine skills required None
- Accommodation provided Single, Shared with your partner
- Days per week 5/6 negotiable
- Salary currency £
- Salary guide £18K + accommodation FOC (no bills) salary negotiable depending on age and experience
- Salary Period Annually
- Must Drive Car
- Must have own car? Yes
- Pets welcome? Yes
- Own horse welcome? Yes
- Smoking allowed? Yes